Invoketress offers performances and workshops in many different styles and are well-known for their variety and diversity. Workshops and shows can be personalized to suit your event and can be provided in the following styles:
- Raqs Sharqi (classical Middle Eastern belly dance) and modern belly dance (i.e., Cabaret)
- Folkloric belly dance (e.g., Saidi, Beledi)
- Zaffe (wedding procession)
- Tribal Fusion
- American Tribal Style (ATS) and Improvisational Tribal Style (ITS)
- Dance with props (veil, cane, sword, fan veils, Isis wings)
- Shamadan (candelabra worn on the head), candle tray on head, candles held in hands
- Dance with instrumental accompaniment (finger cymbals, tambourine, drum)
- Umbilical Groove (Hip-Hop bellydance fusion)
- Karshilama, Romany, Turkish
- Flamenco, Spanish fusion
- Bollywood, Bhangra
- Hawaiian, Caribbean, Dancehall
Our Invoketress dancers love costuming, getting into character, and weaving a dance set around a theme or storyline. Our troupe members have strong backgrounds in a variety of dance styles, music, crafts, makeup, theatre, costuming, and event/party planning. Whether you choose from one of our themes or have one of your own, we will work with you to bring a vision to life! Many of these are popular with summer festivals, theme parties, and conventions, but we are open to bringing these acts to a variety of events.
Some themes we have performed are:
- Medieval Faire / Renaissance
- Warrior / Empowerment / Weaponry (ie. sword, daggers, tahtib)
- Witches / Divination
- Fairy / Fantastical Creatures
- Steampunk / Goth
- Geek (we can cater to any fandom!) / Pop Culture
- Pirate / Mermaid
- Bohemian / Festival (often accompanying live music)
- Fairy Tale / Princess / Lore
- Burlesque / Moulin Rouge / Cabaret (check out our alter ego troupe The Sweet Struts for entertainment with an edge!)
…and many more!
We are always excited to try new characters and themes so do not hesitate to ask us should you have an idea not listed here…we are open to exploration!
Contact Ishra today to discuss your event!
“Princess Jasmine you are the best…thank you so much for making our grandkids party a huge success..your duet with Aladdin was amazing!” – Sherri, party host