“Ishra is one of the best dancers I’ve ever seen.” – Brad McEwen, Founding Artistic Director, Mill Race Festival
Professional performances full of elegant passion. Dances varying from traditional Middle Eastern, Bollywood, to current funky fusions. Ishra and her troupe, Invoketress Dance, have a versatility that can meet any of your performance needs. Solos, duets, or group numbers are available for choreographed and improvisational performances, crowd interaction, and tutorials. Click here to view troupe members.
They have performed at a large variety of events including:
- Private parties (birthdays, bachelorette parties, engagement parties, etc.)
- Children birthday parties
- Weddings (including Zeffe/Zeffah processions)
- Gallery openings
- Stage performances
- Corporate celebrations (AGMs, holiday parties, theme parties)
- Fundraisers/charity events
- Accompanying live music
- Film, music videos and commercials
- NO bachelor parties
- Secure and private changeroom with adequate lighting (mirrors are appreciated).
- Decent sound system. We can bring a CD, iPod, USB stick, or arrange to have music sent prior to the gig.
- Dance surface safe for bare feet.
- A 50% deposit is required to secure the gig. The balance can be paid at the event.
- Additional fees for travel may be applied.
- Additional fees or a shortened dance set may be applied for events running late/delayed performances.
Ishra and Invoketress offer performances and workshops in many different styles and are well-known for the wide variety that they offer. Workshops and shows can be personalized to suit your event and are offered in the following styles:
- Raqs Sharqi (traditional Middle Eastern bellydance such as Saidi, Beledi, Orientale)
- Karshilama, Romany, Turkish
- Tribal Fusion
- Improvisational Tribal Style (ITS)
- Flamenco or Bellydance/Flamenco fusion
- Dance with props (veil, cane, sword, fan veils)
- Shamadan (candelabra worn on the head), candle tray on head, candles held in hands
- Umbilical Groove (hip hop bellydance fusion)
- Bollywood Belly and Punjabi
- Dance with instrumental accompaniment (finger cymbals, tambourine, drum)
- Cabaret, Hawaiian, and Dancehall – Invoketress have some of these styles in their repertoire. Please contact Ishra to discuss event details.
For charming, elegant and always entertaining performances and instruction, contact Ishra to discuss how to make your next event unforgettable.
“…And what can be said about Ishra. She’s a consummate professional who delights us always with her thoughtful interpretation of the themes we throw out, incredible artistry, choreography, theatre and movement – honoring women always… It was a joy to play Eve to her Lilith – apple anyone?” – Lesley Hayes, Barber Gallery
“Just wanted to pass along my appreciation for a fantastic open house yesterday – the response was amazing, and I heard numerous great comments from the people who attended…It was wonderful to include so many different aspects of arts and culture to showcase the centre and Guelph.” – Danna Evans, River Run Centre
“You all did a fabulous job and looked absolutely beautiful…I wish you all great success and I will happily refer you to my friends and colleagues. Warm regards.” Karen, United Way Guelph-Wellington