“Ishra is one of the best dancers I’ve ever seen.” – Brad McEwen, Founding Artistic Director, Mill Race Festival
Ishra and Invoketress offer performances and workshops in many different styles and are well-known for the wide variety that they offer. Workshops and shows can be personalized to suit your event and are offered in the following styles:
- Raqs Sharqi (classical Middle Eastern bellydance) and modern Bellydance (i.e., Cabaret)
- Folkloric Bellydance (e.g., Saidi, Beledi)
- Karshilama, Romany, Turkish
- Zaffe (wedding procession)
- Tribal Fusion
- Improvisational Tribal Style (ITS)
- Flamenco or Bellydance/Flamenco fusion
- Dance with props (veil, cane, sword, fan veils, Isis wings)
- Shamadan (candelabra worn on the head), candle tray on head, candles held in hands
- Umbilical Groove (hip hop bellydance fusion)
- Bollywood Belly and Punjabi
- Dance with instrumental accompaniment (finger cymbals, tambourine, drum)
- Burlesque, Hawaiian, and Dancehall – Invoketress have some of these styles in their repertoire. Please contact Ishra to discuss event details.
Check out the other sections under “Bookings” for more information on our children’s parties and festival/faire acts!